Upholstery cleaning when dust and stains are to be removed is a standard process using steam in both residential and commercial buildings but it requires some effort to remove pet hair from upholstery. Removing pet hairs from leather upholstery or carpets is easy since they do not have fibers but when the cover of upholstery is made of wool or any other organic compound, it will require standard procedures to remove pet hair from upholstery. The upholstery gets affected very quickly from pet hair so it is recommended to regularly perform the normal procedures of removing them because otherwise more drastic measures will have to be taken in order to remove pet hair from upholstery.
Supplies needed to remove pet hair from upholstery
You may need few supplies if you want to remove the pet hair yourself. A list of such supplies is given as below:
- Sponge or Rubber Gloves: When the material of the upholstery does not have long fibers, the particles reside on the surface of upholstery and can be easily removed with the help of a rubber glove or a sponge.
- Water and Fabric Softener Formula: In cases when the fibers of the upholstery are long and the hair are firmly attached to them, you may need to apply water and the fabric softener to remove the hair.
- Dusting Spray: A number of dusting sprays are available that make the removal of hair easy from upholstery. This spray breaks the electric charge and bond between the hair and the particles, hence making the process easier.
- Clean Soft Cloth: A clean soft cloth may be used in order to remove the hair from the upholstery. When the sponge has been applied, it is recommended to apply the soft cloth to remove the remaining hair.
The process to remove pet hair from Upholstery
There are a few processes stated below that can be used to remove the hair from upholstery. Any individual with little experience can apply these processes.
- Removing hair with a Sponge or Scrubber: One of the easiest methods of removing hair from upholstery is to rub it with a sponge or a scrubber. If the hair is on the surface then they will be easily removed. In case, the fibers are long, most of the hair will be removed while the few can be picked using the gloves.
- Removing pet hair with the help of dust spray: In order to apply the dust spray, the first vacuum cleans the upholstery so that most of the hair can be removed. Now, apply the duty spray so that the electric charge between the pet hair and the upholstery fibers can be broken. Wait for a few minutes and apply the sponge once again.
- Removing pet hair with the help of fiber softener: In order to remove the pet hair, apply the fiber softener. This will make it easy to remove the hair from the fibers with the help of a scrubber, soft cloth or a sponge.
It is necessary to regularly clean the upholstery with the vacuum cleaner so that the hair can be removed regularly.