Red wine carpet stains are among the persistent and hard to remove stains and yet they are also among the most frequently occurring. It is normal to casually enjoy a glass of wine and spill a few drops of it on the carpet. More frequently when you have guests over or organizing a home party, wine spills can significantly damage the look of the carpet or upholstery.
These stains if not tended to immediately can result in permanent damage to the carpets or you may have to spend a lot of money in order to get it professionally clean. Similarly, the use of drastic techniques and strong chemicals can affect the material of the carpet. It is, therefore, advisable to quickly apply the process for removing red wine carpet stains at home, so that the absolute cleanliness of the carpet can be ensured.
Tips for Cleaning Red Wine Carpet Stains
Some of the tips, which may come handy in removing carpet stains, are as follows:
- Before applying any chemical or detergent on whole of the carpet, test it on a hidden portion. This will help determine the effects of the process on the material of the carpet in general. If the process harms the carpet then use some other process.
- If the carpet has fibers, more careful cleaning may be required since the impurity particles may settle at the base of the fibers.
- If the material of the carpet is sophisticated then soft scrubbers and chemicals should be used.
- Perform the cleaning process immediately as it will become difficult to remove the stains after a few days.
- In case the stains are not coming off, it is better to get the professional help.
Supplies needed for Wine Stains Removing Process
In order to perform the wine stain removing process, you may need following supplies:
- Carpet Stain Remover: A detergent or chemical for deep cleaning the stains off the carpet. It will break the bond between the stains and the fibers making it easy for the hot water to remove them.
- Baking Soda: It helps in cleaning the carpet stains.
- Hot Water: In order to clean off the stains after stain remover has been applied.
Performing the Red Wine Carpet Stains Remover Process
In order to effectively remove the red wine carpet stains, you can follow the steps jotted down below:
- When the wine spills on the carpet, quickly blot the area with the help of a tissue or a soft towel. Remove as much red wine from the carpet as you can.
- Now, in the area where the stain is left, add a little water. After a few seconds, dry this area. Add little more water and gently blot. After blotting and soaking this area, remove the water again but left a little amount.
- Apply the stain remover or baking soda. Blot the area with the help of a tissue or towel. Keep on this process until the stain is removed.
- Now, remove the dried baking powder residue with the help of a vacuum cleaner.